Art exhibition is the place where the art/paintings meet the spectators/ audience. An exhibition can be organized in any space like museums, art halls and clubs or art galleries. No exhibition can be successful without a limo rental. So riding in style to an art exhibition is the way to go. The art displayed may include pictures, sculptures, paintings, drawings, and performances created by individual artists or group of artists.
Types of art exhibitions
Principally, there are two types of exhibitions- commercial and non-commercial.
Commercial exhibition– often referred to as a trade fair or art fair. This exhibition usually displays the work of an individual artist or a group of artists. All the participants have to pay a certain fee for using the space of the gallery/museum to display their work. Exhibitions in commercial galleries usually have all their display items up for sale.
Non-commercial exhibition– these are the exhibitions that usually do not hold items for sale. These include the theme, topic or period based temporary exhibitions put up by museums that hold the items from the museum itself belonging to that particular theme, topic or period on display. In these types of exhibitions, usually the visitors have to pay to enter the museum.
The other type of art exhibitions are: individual expositions also called “solo shows” that display the work of a single artist, or group expositions also called “collective or group shows” that display the work of more than one artist. Then there are “survey shows” that display art based on specific theme or topic and the “Biennale” or large exhibition that takes place every two years with the intention of bringing together the best of international art at one place. One other kind of art exhibition is the travelling exhibition, where the exhibits travel domestically or around the world for display.
Entry of artwork in Exhibitions
The type of entry in exhibition of new and latest art is one of following three-
- Juried– in this type of exhibition, selective artists are allowed to display their work. There is an individual or a group of people acting as judge of the artwork on display. The judges even pick out the winner if the exhibition is awarding prizes.
- Invitational– in his type of exhibition, the organizer asks certain artists to offer their artwork for display.
- Open- in this type of exhibition, all kind of artists are free to display their artwork.
Top 10 paintings in the world
- Mona Lisa – Leonardo da Vinci at Louvre museum, Paris.
- The Last Supper – Leonardo da Vinci at Santa Maria delle Grazie monastery in Milan, Italy
- The Creation Of Adam – Michelangelo in Vatican City, Rome.
- Starry Night – Vincent van Gogh at Museum of Modern Art in New York.
- The Scream – Edvard Munch at The National Gallery, Oslo, Norway
- The Persistence Of Memory – Salvador Dali
- Girl With A Pearl Earring – Johannes Vermeer at Mauritshuis Gallery in the Hague, the Netherlands
- The Night Watch – Rembrandt van Rijn at Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam
- Self-Portrait Without Beard – Vincent van Gogh
- Guernica – Pablo Picasso at Museo Reina Sofía, Madrid, Spain
Top 10 art museums of the world
- Musee du Louvre, Paris, France
- Vatican Museums, Vatican City, Rome, Italy
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, New York
- Paul Getty Center, Los Angeles, California
- Musee d’Orsay, Paris, France
- Uffizi Gallery, Florence, Italy
- Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Tate Modern, London, England
- Prado Museum, Madrid, Spain
- National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.